Have terrible tenants you need to get rid of?
Oh boy… 😬
I know, I know. It seems like a nightmare. How do you get rid of bad tenants in Dayton, OH (legally)? And how do you get rid of them as soon as possible so they stop destroying your property?
Well, since we’re in the real estate business, we’ve helped A LOT of people evict tenants. Here’s the process…
- Understand The Laws — Before you evict your tenants, you need to understand your city and state laws for doing so. A quick Google search, calling a lawyer, or glancing at the lease will give you a lot of information.
- Have a Documented Reason For Eviction — Make sure you document the exact reason that you’re evicting the tenant and that you have PROOF of your claim. Highlight what specific agreement they broke in the lease.
- Try to Reason With Your Tenants — Before serving an eviction notice, try to reason with your tenants one last time. But also remember that it’s bad business to try and reason with someone who isn’t paying rent or is being dishonest. If someone doesn’t honor the terms you set, it’s probably time to move toward an eviction.
- Give a Formal Notice of Eviction — You’ll need to provide a formal eviction notice to the tenant. This should make clear WHY they are getting evicted, when, and what they can do to avoid eviction.
- Prepare for the Court Hearing — Make sure to file your eviction with the courts and prepare for the court hearing appropriately with lease agreements, bounced checks, communication records, or any other pertinent documents. Or if this sounds too intense, you could hire an attorney to do the fighting for you. So long as the court sides with you, the tenant will be forced to leave the property within a certain period of time.
There you have it!
Or, if this sounds like too much of a headache, give us a call and we’ll make you a fair cash offer on the property — even if it has bad tenants inside! Call us at 937-519-2922 or fill out your info >here<